I’m sitting here on my couch watching Friends on a Monday afternoon. Is this what it’s like not having a full time job (or kids)? If so, I like it! Normally I’d be at work, but my Penny girl is sick. No, I do not have a kid. Penny is my dog. And when my dog is sick, I take sick leave to be home with her. And so I don’t have to clean poop out of her crate, off the walls, off of her…again. Sorry, TMI.
But you’re not here to hear about my dog’s bowel movements. You’re here because its the month of “Pumpkin All the Things” and you want some pumpkin-y goodness. You’re here for some cookies! Specifically Pumpkin Pie Macaroons!
These are sooo tasty! Like a cross between pumpkin pie and coconut macaroons, which just so happen to be two of my favorite things! And as far as treats go they are pretty healthy too! Now, I’m not saying you should go eat the whole batch in one sitting, but they are pretty low in sugar and full of healthy fats! Plus they are delicious and really that’s the most important thing right?!?
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup pumpkin
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl whisk egg
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla and whisk until smooth
- Add shredded coconut, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until fully combined
- Using a 1 Tbs scoop, drop batter onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving
- Makes 1½ dozen
If you’re not a big fan of pumpkin (no judgement here…ok maybe just a little) you should check out my recipe for Banana Coconut Macaroons. They are equally delicious and if you use green bananas they are even 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly! Double win!