I just wanted to stop in real quick on this Christmas Eve to wish all my
lovely readers a very Merry Christmas and to share one last recipe with you. I’m sure many of you have already done all your holiday baking and treat eating, but if you’re still looking for a healthy treat that will satisfy that holiday sweet tooth then you’ve come to the right place.
These gummies use either carob powder (if you’re on the autoimmune protocol or can’t have chocolate for whatever other reason) or cocoa powder (if you’re not) and peppermint essential oil to give you that chocolatey peppermint flavor that is so reminiscent of the holidays. And apparently I’m on some kind of chocolate peppermint kick this December with my Peppermint Bark and my Chocolate and Peppermint No Bake Macaroons. Well, what can I say? It’s a delicious flavor combination!
As opposed to your typical holiday treats, however, these gummies will provide you with healthy fats that will give you the energy you need to enjoy all the holiday festivities, and gut healing gelatin to heal the damage from your grandma’s sugar cookies and one too many glasses of spiked egg nog. No judgement here of course! I too plan on indulging in a glass of egg nog or two. It is the holidays, you know.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2½ Tbs carob powder (or cocoa powder if not on AIP)
- 2 Tbs honey or maple syrup
- 3 Tbs gelatin
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil (or 1 tsp peppermint extract)
- Combine coconut milk, carob powder, and honey in a small pot over medium heat
- Add gelatin slowly, whisking constantly to dissolve
- Remove from heat and add peppermint
- Pour into parchment lined baking dish or silicone mold
- Place in fridge to set, about 1 hour
- Store in refrigerator
So leave Santa some healthy AIP “Chocolate” and Peppermint Gummies alongside those sugar cookies and gingerbread men. WIth how great they will make him feel, he may even leave you some extra special gifts! Happy holidays everyone!
In vibrant health,