As we count down the final hours of the year 2014, I sit here on my computer (as opposed to at a party because I’m a lame old lady like that) thinking back on all that has occurred over the course of this year….
- My husband and I survived his first deployment (thankfully it was a short one).
- I went back to school to pursue certification as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner through the Nutritional Therapy Association.
- I got to meet some of my favorite people in this real food community who have been such an inspiration to me and so many others including Liz Wolfe of Real Food Liz, Diane Sanfilippo of Balanced Bites, Stefani Ruper of Paleo for Women, and Danielle Walker of Against All Grain.
- My husband and I finally got to go on our honeymoon (two years after our wedding).
- I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis which motivated me to embark on an even more intense healing journey, a journey that will continue into the coming year for sure.
- I discovered a new passion in the form of food photography and have enjoyed exploring this new creative outlet.
- I got back into a regular yoga practice and have been enjoying the increased strength, flexibility, and inner peace I’ve gained in the process.
- I started this blog and have had so much fun sharing my ideas and making connections with so many wonderful people!
- In the seventh months since I’ve started this blog I’ve posted quite a few recipes and I wanted to share the five most popular recipes from the blog so far before we move into the new year…
4. Pumpkin Pie
Although I’ve had some rough times throughout the year- being separated from my husband, friends moving away, continuing health issues, and a good deal of stress- I think it’s been the best year yet! I have found my true passion and am working towards my dreams and that feels pretty damn good. I am so excited (and a little nervous) about all that is to come in 2015 and I feel so blessed to have you on this journey with me. Happy New Year!
In vibrant health,